1. The dotted lines represent the border between the U.S. and Mexico
and Canada. All other lines show biome borders. Color the U.S. borders
(dotted line) red.
2. Northern Canada and Alaska are tundra - color the tundra light blue
3. Most of Canada is boreal forest. Color the boreal forest dark green.
4. The west coast of the U.S. is mainly Temperate forest where California is. The east coast, all the way to the center of the country is also Temperate forest. Color the Temperate forest light green.
5. The Midwest (middle of the country) is temperate grassland. Color the grassland yellow.
6. The eastern edge of Mexico and Central America, Hawaii, and the Caribbean Islands are all tropical rain forests. Color those purple.
7. There is a northwest coniferous forest located in the far corner of the U.S (northwest). Color the northwest coniferous forest brown.
7. The great lakes and the lakes in Canada are freshwater. Find each freshwater lake and color it pink.
8. The bodies of water surrounding the continent are salt water. Color the coastal areas dark blue.
9. The western region of the U.S. as well as Northern Mexico is desert. Color the desert orange.
10. The western edge of Mexico is temperate forest. Color it the same color as you did the other temperate forests.
11. Color code the squares at the bottom to match your biome colors.
12. Label the countries: U.S.A., Canada, Mexico
1. Name the 3 main biomes of the
United States (land only).__________________________________________________
2. What two biomes are closest to where you live? _________________________________________________________
Place an X on the map to show your approximate location.
3. What U.S. state could a person visit a tropical rain forest in? _____________________________
What about a temperate rain forest? _______________________________
5. Point out Alaska by drawing an arrow to it. What biome is found in Alaska? __________________________
6. If you traveled due north from your current location, what biomes would you pass through (just going to the north pole) ________________________________________________________________________________________________
7. A person is driving from Los Angeles, California to Washington D.C. Name the biomes the person will pass through, in the correct order. ___________________________________________________________________________________________
8. A person is driving from Alaska to Mexico, staying close to the west coastline. Name the biomes the person will pass through, in the correct order. __________________________________________________________________________________