1. Polymers are made of individual subunits called _____________________________
2. Chains of glucose make up _______________________________________
3. Molecules that make up living things and contain carbon are called _________________ molecules.
4. An aquatic animal that makes a protein based slime ___________________________________
5. A carbohydrate that makes up the cell walls of plants: ___________________________
6. A carbohydrate that makes up the exoskeleton of insects: ____________________________
7. Lactase is an _________________________ that breaks down milk sugar.
8. The cell membrane of all cells is made of _________________________________
9. Nucleic acids are made of individual subunits called ________________________________
10. Lipids are made of ____________________________ and glycerol.
11. DNA and RNA are both types of ________________________________.
12. Large molecules made of many small subunits: _______________________________.
13. Proteins are made of subunits called: ________________________________
14. More commonly called sugar, its molecular formula is C6H12O6 __________________________.
15. The food we eat provides the _______________________ needed for life functions.
16. A carbohydrate found in bread and pasta: ____________________________
Match the macromolecule to the exmaple:
___ 1. Vegetable oil